What are the most important tests for volleyball?

Performance tests such as a shark skill test along with a vertical jump test is suggested. The shark skill test is a great assessment for multiple plane movement, coordination and balance. Use colored duct tape to measure a 3x3, nine-squared area on a soft surface. Each box should measure one foot in length and width. The athlete begins in the center of a nine-square box followed by hopping with both feet in a left-to-right pattern. The test may also be done with a single-foot hop. A vertical jump test may be performed by simply holding a piece of tape, and then performing the jump while slapping the tape on a wall. Once completed you may measure the distance from the ground to the tape.

Continue Learning about Volleyball

What should I expect from my coach during the volleyball pre-season?
The pre-season is often when the coach is developing the roster as well as the plan of attack. A...
Should all volleyball players wear ankle braces?
No, all volleyball players should not wear ankle braces. Braces and tape should only be used when ...
What energy systems am I using when playing volleyball?
The energy system demands of a volleyball player are for the most part aerobic.  What is important...
How do I select knee pads for volleyball?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Key factors in selecting knee pads are the age of the athlete and the experience level of the athlet...