How can I prevent headaches after shoulder exercises in volleyball?

Tightness in the neck and upper back can lead to headaches. Make sure to begin with a warm-up using a foam roll to loosen up the tight muscles around the upper back. Then follow this with light static stretching of the side of your neck, holding the stretch for thirty seconds on each side. Next, repeat your normal workout using moderate weight followed by another session of foam rolling and stretching at the end. This should help return your muscles to normal length leaving you headache free. If the headaches persist make an appointment to see you physician.

Continue Learning about Volleyball

Should all volleyball players wear ankle braces?
No, all volleyball players should not wear ankle braces. Braces and tape should only be used when ...
Should I be stretching after the volleyball game?
Yes, you should stretch after playing volleyball. Performing a cool-down routine after playing i...
Will improving power make me a better volleyball player?
Power, stabilization, and strength are key components for the sport of volleyball. Focusing only...
What muscles are most important for the serve in volleyball?
Although all of the muscles work together in order to create the serve, the muscles of the core ...