What does it mean to change levels in relation to volleyball?

Changing levels is anytime your belly button moves up or down such as during a lunge, a jump serve, or a dive. When a volleyball player moves toward an explosive serve and then dives in order to attend to the ball, these movements would be considered a change in level. Your performance program should consist of level change exercises in order to create optimum carry-over to the court or sand.

Continue Learning about Volleyball

Why do shoulder injuries seem to be so common in volleyball?
Due to the repetitive motion of the volleyball serve, the muscles on the front and back of the s...
What is first-step quickness in relation to volleyball?
First-step quickness is a term used to describe the first step made at the onset of a play or cu...
Should I stretch before or after volleyball practice?
Prior to practice, you should foam roll the tight areas in order to prime the muscle. You will t...
How can I prevent headaches after shoulder exercises in volleyball?
Tightness in the neck and upper back can lead to headaches. Make sure to begin with a warm-up us...