Will improving power make me a better volleyball player?

Power, stabilization, and strength are key components for the sport of volleyball. Focusing only on power and neglecting the components of stabilization (training the smaller muscles that help keep the joints stable) and strength may hinder your ability to generate power effectively. In order for you to become a more effective volleyball player it is important to focus on all three components, not just power.

Continue Learning about Volleyball

Will failure to stretch lead to injury when playing volleyball?
A failure to stretch before or after playing volleyball can lead to muscles imbalances, which ca...
What should I expect from my coach during the volleyball pre-season?
The pre-season is often when the coach is developing the roster as well as the plan of attack. A...
What muscles are most important for the serve in volleyball?
Although all of the muscles work together in order to create the serve, the muscles of the core ...
How can I prevent headaches after shoulder exercises in volleyball?
Tightness in the neck and upper back can lead to headaches. Make sure to begin with a warm-up us...