Will failure to stretch lead to injury when playing volleyball?

A failure to stretch before or after playing volleyball can lead to muscles imbalances, which can result in injury. Muscle imbalances alter the way your body moves, putting more stress on your joint and tendons and ligaments. Over time, this excess stress and altered movement can begin to cause pain, limit activity and lead to more severe injuries. Stretching helps to reset your muscle lengths, keeping your body in optimal alignment.

Continue Learning about Volleyball

How can I prevent the burning in my arms and legs during volleyball games?
To prevent this situation from happening use zone training. This style of endurance training req...
Why do volleyball players wear compression shorts?
Volleyball players typically wear compression or spandex shorts to reduce friction between their bod...
Where can I get volleyball readiness assessments done?
Contact your local health club or performance studio. Trained professionals can help you impleme...
How can I prevent headaches after shoulder exercises in volleyball?
Tightness in the neck and upper back can lead to headaches. Make sure to begin with a warm-up us...