What exercise can I do to help my control during a jump-float serve?

During a jump-float serve in volleyball, it is extremely important to actually slow the movement of the shoulder, since the goal is to float the serve by backing off the power of your arm movement. This requires you to have great stability and control over the muscles involved. You can achieve this by performing a superset that includes strength and stability exercises. Begin with a stable shoulder exercise, followed immediately by an unstable exercise for the shoulder. Try a seated machine shoulder press using a medium tempo for 8-12 repetitions followed immediately by a single-leg shoulder press alternating arms and using a very slow tempo for 12-20 repetitions.

Continue Learning about Volleyball