How can I work circuit training into my volleyball conditioning?

Circuit training is a great way to work both a cardiovascular and strength training session into a short timeframe.  For most volleyball players, putting on a lot of muscle during their weight training session is not the goal.  A volleyball player wants to get stronger, but conditioning is the key to their success. Circuit training is a good way to get the strength you will need while continuing to build on your cardiovascular fitness.  The circuit programs should have limited lower-body exercises.  The upper-body exercises should focus on the larger muscle groups with exercises that will keep you in good form.  The circuit should be short with limited rest and high repetitions.  Using medicine balls, exercise bands, and dumbbells allows for creativity in the exercises while enabling you to move quickly from one exercise to the next.

Continue Learning about Volleyball