What increases my risk for stuttering?

Having a parent or family member who stutters increases the likelihood that you or your child will stutter. Boys are also about three times as likely as girls to have prolonged challenges with stuttering as they grow up. Stressful or high pressure situations will also tend to intensify stuttering symptoms or bring them to the surface.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

What is para-linguistics?
Roughly 40 percent of what you communicate is achieved through the components of what's called para-...
What are voice disorders?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Voice disorders are conditions that cause abnormal and spontaneous changes in the voice. Laryngitis,...
What Can Be the Cause of a Chronically Hoarse Voice?
What Increases My Risk for Voice Disorders?