Should I talk to my doctor about my voice disorder symptoms?

Although voice disorders are usually not serious and often resolve on their own, certain voice disorder symptoms can indicate the presence of severe conditions such as cancer. Hoarseness, one of the most common symptoms of voice disorders, is often an early indicator of throat cancer. Since voice disorder symptoms can be indicative of serious conditions, you should talk with your doctor about your voice disorder symptoms.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

Voice Disorders

Voice Disorders

Some of the most common symptoms of voice disorders are a change in your voice (it becomes either deeper or raspy), you have trouble singing, your throat feels raw or itchy and you find yourself repeatedly clearing your throat. Th...

ese symptoms can be caused by inflammation, respiratory infection, growths on your vocal cords or just by overusing your voice if you are for example a professional singer or a member of a cheerleading squad. If you develop a voice disorder, you may want to see an otolaryngologist to determine the cause of your voice problem.