Should I talk to my doctor about my voice disorder symptoms?

Although voice disorders are usually not serious and often resolve on their own, certain voice disorder symptoms can indicate the presence of severe conditions such as cancer. Hoarseness, one of the most common symptoms of voice disorders, is often an early indicator of throat cancer. Since voice disorder symptoms can be indicative of serious conditions, you should talk with your doctor about your voice disorder symptoms.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

Is stuttering serious?
Stuttering is common among children learning how to speak. It is not a life threatening condition an...
How do medications treat voice disorders?
In general, medications are not required to treat voice disorders, although there may be circumstanc...
What Can Be the Cause of a Chronically Hoarse Voice?
What Increases My Risk for Voice Disorders?