Should I talk to my doctor about my child's stuttering symptoms?

Some stuttering while your child is learning to speak should not alarm you, but if you're concerned that your child's stuttering is becoming a recurrent or constant issue, you should go to a doctor with your worries. If your family doctor agrees that some sort of therapy or treatment can help, you will likely be referred to a speech pathologist. While there's no medical cure for the condition, a speech pathologist may considerably improve your child's life and ease with speaking with therapy.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

Are there different types of catarrh?
There are two different types of catarrh. Acute catarrh is the type that is temporary; it lasts a fe...
Can stuttering be prevented?
Scientists have identified three genes that seem to be related to stuttering. However, research rega...
What Can Be the Cause of a Chronically Hoarse Voice?
What Increases My Risk for Voice Disorders?