Is stuttering serious?

Stuttering is common among children learning how to speak. It is not a life threatening condition and can be addressed with simple and effective treatments. With speech therapy, and a supportive environment, the symptoms of stuttering can become mild to non-existent. That being said, for adults and children who suffer with severe stuttering, the condition can become a noticeable hindrance in social or professional situations.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

Are there cures for voice disorders?
Whether or not your voice disorder can be cured depends upon its cause. In many cases, voice disorde...
How is stuttering diagnosed?
Stuttering is a relatively easy-to-spot condition due to its distinctive symptoms. But doctors and s...
What Increases My Risk for Voice Disorders?
What Can Be the Cause of a Chronically Hoarse Voice?