How do I manage my voice disorder on a daily basis?

Managing your voice disorder on a daily basis will involve treating its symptoms and underlying cause. Typically voice disorders are brought on by vocal misuse or abuse (speaking a lot or in a way that might damage your voice). Refraining from misusing or abusing your voice and learning proper techniques for speaking and singing can do a lot to help resolve your voice disorder. Treating the underlying cause of your voice disorder—such as laryngitis, vocal polyps, or throat cancer—can also help you to recover.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

What is the rate of incidence for voice disorders?
Voice disorders can affect all people of all ages and are fairly common conditions. Certain types of...
Should I talk to my doctor about my child's stuttering symptoms?
Some stuttering while your child is learning to speak should not alarm you, but if you're concerned ...
What Increases My Risk for Voice Disorders?
What Can Be the Cause of a Chronically Hoarse Voice?