Are voice disorders serious?

Most voice disorder cases are not serious and can resolve when treated properly. Generally, vocal therapy is helpful for teaching proper voice techniques that protect the vocal chords from damage. However, in some cases, the causes of voice disorders can be severe conditions, such as throat cancer. In these cases, the voice disorder can be very serious and perhaps even irreversible. For this reason, it is important to address and treat voice disorders when they occur.

Continue Learning about Voice Disorders

What are the symptoms of stuttering?
The primary symptom of stuttering is the inability aprticulate words clearly. If your child stutters...
How does singing therapy differ from singing lessons?
Daniel McCabe, DMA, CCC-SLPDaniel McCabe, DMA, CCC-SLP
Singing therapy is a type of voice therapy that targets repair of an injured singing voice. It is pr...
What Increases My Risk for Voice Disorders?
What Can Be the Cause of a Chronically Hoarse Voice?