Should I let my doctor know I'm taking vitamin B1 (thiamine) supplements?

Thiamine (vitamin B1) is generally safe for most adults and interacts with few medications, but it's always a good idea to tell your doctor about any medications or supplements you take, including over-the-counter (OTC) vitamins and non-prescription drugs. 

Continue Learning about Vitamins

Beware of Phony Supplements
Beware of Phony Supplements
Leonardo Di Caprio’s Frank Abagnale Jr. in Catch Me If You Can, and Freddy Benson (Steve Martin) in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels prove just how much folks ...
What vitamins and minerals can improve muscle health?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
Calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorous are important nutrients that ensure muscles contract ...
7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need
7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need7 Supplements You Probably Don’t Need
Hit the kitchen before you head to the pharmacy—you can get nearly all your essential vitamins and minerals from food. Nearly 68 percent of Americans ...
Extreme Vitamin Injections: The New Fountain of Youth? Pt 3