How soon will I see improved health after taking ascorbic acid?

When taking ascorbic acid for scurvy, it may take several weeks to see improvement. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about how you are feeling, especially if three weeks have gone by and you do not improve. There may be side effects when taking ascorbic acid. You may have an upset stomach or diarrhea. These issues can hurt your recovery, so be sure to talk to your doctor if you have severe side effects that do not go away.

Continue Learning about Vitamins

Could You See Better With These Cataract-Fighting Foods?
To help reduce your risk of cataracts clouding your vision as you age, pluck these items out of your crisper drawer: bell peppers, broccoli and orange...
What vitamins can I take to boost my metabolism?
Dominique AdairDominique Adair
There’s a long and a short answer to this question, and you probably want both! First, the short, th...
8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin
8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin
Skip the pharmacy and shop the produce department instead. About one-third of Americans take a multivitamin. These supplements typically contain a ble...
Are Supplements Necessary In a Healthy Diet?