Can vitamin B decrease the rate of hair loss?

There are eight different B vitamins. They are involved with a wide variety of metabolic and bodily processes. Folate, for example, is involved in cell division and growth. Certainly if one or more of the essential B vitamins is inadequate, then normal processes such as hair and skin cell growth may be affected. Biotin, in particular, is involved in the processes involved with hair manufacture and growth and is often recommended to those with thinning hair. There is no clear evidence that it works for this purpose in people with adequate levels of B vitamins.

Continue Learning about Vitamins

Beware of Phony Supplements
Beware of Phony Supplements
Leonardo Di Caprio’s Frank Abagnale Jr. in Catch Me If You Can, and Freddy Benson (Steve Martin) in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels prove just how much folks ...
If I could only have one vitamin, which one should I take?
The body requires essential vitamins, but one may be more important than the others. Find out wh...
8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin
8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin8 Foods That Can Replace Your Multivitamin
Skip the pharmacy and shop the produce department instead. About one-third of Americans take a multivitamin. These supplements typically contain a ble...
Extreme Vitamin Injections: The New Fountain of Youth? Pt 3