What should I know before my child uses Meribin?

Before your child uses Meribin, check with your child's doctor to make sure the supplement is safe and recommended.

Meribin is a dietary supplement that contains 5 milligrams (mg) of biotin, a B vitamin present naturally in the body and in some foods. The National Academy of Sciences has determined that an adequate daily intake of biotin for children can range from 5 micrograms (mcg) for newborns to 25 mcg for children ages 14 to 18. Most children can meet their biotin needs by eating foods that contain the nutrient (biotin-rich foods include eggs, nuts and nut butters, soybeans and other legumes, bananas, and whole-grain products). If the doctor suspects your child has a biotin deficiency, he or she may prescribe a supplement. Do not give your child Meribin -- or any other dietary supplement -- without first consulting a doctor.

Continue Learning about Biotin

Ways Biotin Can Skew Test Results
Ways Biotin Can Skew Test Results
Bio-fuel, biotin supplements and biosphere: Which “bio” does the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommend you avoid if you want to get a proper re...
Who should use biotin?
Individuals with a biotin deficiency should take biotin supplementation under their doctor's dir...
What are the health benefits of biotin?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
For those who are biotin deficient, studies show that biotin may help in the health of hair, ski...
What should I know before my child uses biotin?
Before your child uses biotin, also known as vitamin B7 or vitamin H, you should understand why ...