Is boitin good to use for hair growth?

Biotin may help boost hair growth: Although it's weak, there is some evidence that biotin (vitamin H) affects keratin, the protein in hair, skin and nails. For that reason, biotin, together with zinc and a skin cream containing clobetasol proprionate, is sometimes used to treat alopecia areata, a condition that causes hair loss, in children and adults. Talk to your doctor before taking biotin or any dietary supplement.

Continue Learning about Biotin

Ways Biotin Can Skew Test Results
Ways Biotin Can Skew Test Results
Bio-fuel, biotin supplements and biosphere: Which “bio” does the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommend you avoid if you want to get a proper re...
What is the role of biotin in my body?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin that supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and amino ac...
What should I know before my child uses biotin?
Before your child uses biotin, also known as vitamin B7 or vitamin H, you should understand why ...
How does biotin help onychoschizia?
Biotin or the vitamin B12 has been proven to help onychoschizia by providing the necessary nutrients...