Should I let my doctor know I am taking biotin?

If you have a biotin deficiency, your doctor should be aware of this condition and help you regulate your biotin supplementation. Although biotin is considered non-toxic and safe to use, you may also want to consult with your doctor about using this B complex vitamin and discuss all medications and supplements you are using. Research is ongoing to see if biotin can help with conditions like diabetes, peripheral neuropathy, and hair and nail problems, so talk to your doctor about biotin if you're interested in these research developments.

Continue Learning about Biotin

Ways Biotin Can Skew Test Results
Ways Biotin Can Skew Test Results
Bio-fuel, biotin supplements and biosphere: Which “bio” does the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommend you avoid if you want to get a proper re...
What should be the ideal dose for Biotin for a day?
Biotin is also known as vitamin B-7, vitamin H, coenzyme R, and W factor. Unfortunately there is...
What foods are good sources of biotin?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
The following foods are rich in biotin:• Liver• Cooked eggs• Wild salmon• Avocado• Whole wheat bread...
What is the role of biotin in my body?
Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin that supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and amino ac...