Why do I have to take phytonadione?

Your doctor may have told you to take phytonadione, or vitamin K, to help build up your stores of vitamin K. Without vitamin K, your blood will not clot properly, and you could have problems with too much bleeding, even from small cuts. It is uncommon to be lacking in vitamin K because of a poor diet. If you are on certain medications or have difficulty with absorbing nutrients, your vitamin K level may be too low. Phytonadione can help with this.

Continue Learning about Vitamin K

What are the warnings for vitamin K supplements?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
There are no known adverse effects of consuming too much vitamin K from foods or supplements, so an ...
What are the risks in using vitamin K?
Certain medications and medical conditions may increase your risk for complications associated w...
How can I take vitamin K?
Try as much as possible to get the vitamin K you need from the foods you eat. If this is not pos...
Which Foods Are High In Vitamin K?
Which Foods Are High In Vitamin K?