How much vitamin E do I need per day as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
You need about 400 IU of vitamin E daily to protect cells in the body from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals attack cell membranes, proteins, and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), and they can ultimately contribute to the development of some cancers and heart disease.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Vitamin E

Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer
Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men and the second leading cause of cancer death among men in the U.S., so it's understandable that gu...
What should seniors know before using E-Gems?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
As with any form of Vitamin E, you should consult your health care provider. There are many medicati...
What are the risks of taking vitamin E?
Like aspirin, vitamin E thins your blood, making clots less likely to form. The quinone (a chemical ...
Which Food Can Help Make Up a Vitamin E Shortfall In My Diet?