What is the best way to take vitamin D?

You should take vitamin D exactly as directed by your doctor. If taking the liquid form, it should be measured with a calibrated dropper. It may be placed directly into the mouth or mixed with fluids or food. Your doctor might also decide that it would be best if you also followed a special diet while taking the supplement. Studies have shown that vitamin D is best to take in several doses spread out over time. It shouldn't be taken as one high dose since it can lead to fractures and falls in older adults. The reason for this is not known yet.

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

How effective is vitamin D for preventing colds and flu?
Vitamin D is a vital vitamin/hormone that can come from sunlight, diet, and some supplements. It bes...
How important is vitamin D?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Watch this video as Robin Miller, MD, explains how vitamin D is essential for healthy bones and much...
How can I get tested for vitamin D levels in my body?
To have your vitamin D levels tested, start by talking to your doctor. A blood test that measure...
Can Vitamin D Prevent Alzheimer's Disease?