What is the best way to take vitamin D?

You should take vitamin D exactly as directed by your doctor. If taking the liquid form, it should be measured with a calibrated dropper. It may be placed directly into the mouth or mixed with fluids or food. Your doctor might also decide that it would be best if you also followed a special diet while taking the supplement. Studies have shown that vitamin D is best to take in several doses spread out over time. It shouldn't be taken as one high dose since it can lead to fractures and falls in older adults. The reason for this is not known yet.

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

Jump-start Your Well-being with Vitamin D
Turns out, vitamin D has more power to protect your happiness, heart and lungs than was previously known. A study in the European Journal of Preventi...
Does vitamin D interact with other medications?
Yes. Certain medicines may interact with vitamin D and cause unbalanced levels in your bloodstream, ...
How can I tell if I'm getting enough vitamin D?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
You can ask your doctor to test to see if you're getting enough Vitamin D. Your doctor can check...
Are Multivitamins a Waste of Money?
Are Multivitamins a Waste of Money?