What are good sources of vitamin D?

Vitamin D is associated with helping to maintain bone density, supporting a strong immune system, helping to prevent hardening of the arteries and possibly helping to lower the risk of developing diabetes. There is no benefit to taking more than you need, and most people typically turn to fortified milk, orange juice or supplements as their primary source of this vitamin. 

Consider mushrooms as an excellent source of vitamin D. All varieties contain vitamin D, even the small white button mushrooms, so add them to daily recipes by including them in soups, salads, chili and sauces. Make sure to read the package to see how much vitamin D is in a portion of the mushrooms, since amounts vary between mushroom varieties.

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

Jump-start Your Well-being with Vitamin D
Turns out, vitamin D has more power to protect your happiness, heart and lungs than was previously known. A study in the European Journal of Preventi...
What can I eat for breakfast on the Vitamin D Diet?
If you're on the Vitamin D Diet, which is based on the fat-melting power of the Sunshine Vitamin...
What should I know before taking vitamin D?
The typical maximum amount per day of vitamin D is 2000 international units. Larger doses may be uns...
Can I Get Enough Vitamin D Through Exposure to Sunlight?