How does vitamin D affect my brain as I age?

Some experts think that vitamin D might help protect brain cells from damage as we age. For example, one study in Italy found that people age 65 or older who had a vitamin D deficiency were more likely to have extra problems with thinking and remembering as they aged. Researchers say vitamin D may be important to areas of the brain involved with planning, processing information and making new memories. But more studies are needed to understand whether taking a vitamin D supplement could help keep the brain working well over time. 

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

Jump-start Your Well-being with Vitamin D
Turns out, vitamin D has more power to protect your happiness, heart and lungs than was previously known. A study in the European Journal of Preventi...
How can I tell if I might have a vitamin D deficiency?
The sternum thumb test may indicate if you are getting enough vitamin D. This vitamin is crucial whe...
How much vitamin D can I take before it damages my organs?
MediGuardMediGuard
It is pretty common practice to use a loading regimen of Vitamin D such as yours so that it does not...
What Are the Health Benefits of Vitamin D3?