Should I give my child a vitamin D supplement?

Recent studies have shown that most children are vitamin D deficient. Vitamin D is what allows calcium to be stored in your bones so you have strong bones. Without vitamin D, kids can get a disease called rickets, which causes a softening of the bones. So the latest recommendation is that all children should get 400 units of vitamin D daily. This can be found in a multivitamin, and the recommendation is for everybody from breast-feeding babies to teenagers.

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

Bad Bones? On Your Feet
Bad Bones? On Your Feet
The risk of falls goes up pretty dramatically when you have weak bones and muscles. That's bad news, because a fall can easily lead to a bad break. An...
How much vitamin D do I need to stay young?
For maximum antiaging protection, I recommend at least 400 international units (IU) of vitamin D a d...
Why is it important to take vitamin D?
You should take vitamin D3, which is the most active form of vitamin D and the kind your body makes ...
Soothe Pain With Vitamin D
Soothe Pain With Vitamin D