Should I let my doctor know I am taking vitamin D?

Yes, your doctor should be informed if you are taking vitamin D, since it can conflict with certain medications. In addition, you do not want to take more than is recommended since vitamin D is stored in the body. If you take too much over an extended period of time, it may result in poisoning, or even death.

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

Bad Bones? On Your Feet
Bad Bones? On Your Feet
The risk of falls goes up pretty dramatically when you have weak bones and muscles. That's bad news, because a fall can easily lead to a bad break. An...
As an older woman, should I take vitamin D?
Celeste Robb-NicholsonCeleste Robb-Nicholson
It is possible to get the government-endorsed vitamin D intakes (600 international units [IU] for wo...
What foods are rich in vitamin D?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Skim and low fat milk and vitamin D fortified yogurts are excellent sources of vitamin D. Other sour...
Extra Vitamin D
Extra Vitamin D