Is Vitamin D soluble?

Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
Emergency Room Nursing
Vitamin D is found in some fatty fish in small amounts. Vitamin D is added to dairy products, juices and some cereals. Most of our vitamin D comes from exposure to sun. So, Vitamin D has some sources that are liquid and would be considered to be soluble. 

Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. Thus, it needs dietary fat to be absorbed properly. Adding nuts to your morning cereal and skim milk will help your body absorb the vitamin D in the milk!

Picture of nuts

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

Jump-start Your Well-being with Vitamin D
Turns out, vitamin D has more power to protect your happiness, heart and lungs than was previously known. A study in the European Journal of Preventi...
What can I eat for breakfast on the Vitamin D Diet?
If you're on the Vitamin D Diet, which is based on the fat-melting power of the Sunshine Vitamin...
Why do I need vitamin D?
It's vital for you to get enough vitamin D3. If you're chronically short, your risk goes up for a pa...
How Does Where I Live Affect How Much Vitamin D I Get?