How much vitamin D do I need to stay young?

For maximum antiaging protection, I recommend at least 400 international units (IU) of vitamin D a day in a supplement if you are seventy or younger, and 600 IU a day if you are older than seventy, unless you are absolutely sure you are getting enough from your diet. This is what I consider the RealAge Optimum (RAO) -- the dose you need to stay young. That means four glasses of nonfat milk a day (for 400 IU).

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

3 Reasons You Need More Vitamin D in Your Diet
Tiger Woods won it in 2000, 2002 and 2008; Rory McIlroy won it in 2011; Jordan Spieth, in 2015. But what did these three have in common at this year’s...
How should vitamin D be stored?
Vitamin D should be kept out of the reach of children. It should be stored in a closed container at ...
How can I benefit from vitamin D supplements?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Replacing vitamin D in people who are proven to be deficient can potentially improve their healt...
What Are the Health Benefits of Vitamin D3?