How can I make sure I have enough vitamin D?

If you’re at risk for Vitamin D deficiency, talk to your doctor. Supplements, dietary changes, and safe and controlled exposure to sun can all help boost levels in the body. Making sure your body has sufficient levels of Vitamin D offers important health protections and, perhaps, a welcome boost of energy in place of daytime sleepiness.
Many people don’t get enough vitamin D, a hormone manufactured by the skin in the presence of sunlight. Your doctor can test your level and recommend supplements if you are low in this vital nutrient.

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

3 Reasons You Need More Vitamin D in Your Diet
Tiger Woods won it in 2000, 2002 and 2008; Rory McIlroy won it in 2011; Jordan Spieth, in 2015. But what did these three have in common at this year’s...
Is research being done on additional vitamin D benefits?
Yes. Vitamin D is undergoing extensive research in different areas. Studies are showing there might ...
How important is vitamin D?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Watch this video as Robin Miller, MD, explains how vitamin D is essential for healthy bones and much...
Vitamin D Dinner
Vitamin D Dinner