Does vitamin D help with osteoporosis?

Adequate amounts of vitamin D are needed daily in order for your body to absorb calcium. A chronic deficiency of calcium is a risk factor for osteoporosis, or brittle bones. Nonfat and low fat milk are fabulous sources of both vitamin D and calcium. Your diet should include 3 servings of lean dairy daily to help you meet your calcium needs.

Cows in Field

Continue Learning about Vitamin D

Jump-start Your Well-being with Vitamin D
Turns out, vitamin D has more power to protect your happiness, heart and lungs than was previously known. A study in the European Journal of Preventi...
How much vitamin D can I take before it damages my organs?
MediGuardMediGuard
It is pretty common practice to use a loading regimen of Vitamin D such as yours so that it does not...
Can vitamin D reduce my risk of breast cancer?
Julie A. Blehm, MDJulie A. Blehm, MD
Sometimes it seems that vitamin D can prevent every health risk known to man -- and to woman, too. B...
Daylight Savings Time Change Increases Vitamin D Deficiency