Are there any risks in taking Zemplar (paricalcitol)?

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is a risk of an allergic reaction or a calcium or vitamin D overdose when taking Zemplar (paricalcitol). An overdose of vitamin D or calcium may lead to serious symptoms or situations, like an electrolyte imbalance where there is too much phosphate in the blood. It can also affect the health of the bones. There is also a risk of potentially troublesome side effects. Some medications and supplements may interact with Zemplar, so always discuss all medications or supplements that you take with your doctor before taking Zemplar.