Who should not use vitamin C?

People who have had an allergic reaction to vitamin C or ascorbic acid in the past should not take vitamin C supplements. Consult your doctor. If you have had kidney disease or kidney stones, liver disease, or enzyme deficiencies, you should consult your doctor first before beginning to take any vitamin C supplements. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult your doctor before beginning to take vitamin C supplements. Finally, if you have diabetes, anemia, or have been required to be on a low-salt diet for any reason, discuss taking vitamin C supplements with your doctor first before beginning to take them.

Continue Learning about Vitamin C

Vitamin C Is Not an Exercise Replacement
John F. Kennedy once said, “There are risks and costs to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable...
What foods are rich in Vitamin C?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
Most people know that citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, tangerines, and grapefruits are pac...
How should I use vitamin C to help my skin look younger?
Taking vitamin C through a supplement or food is beneficial to your health, but to specifically targ...
Is the Level of Vitamin C in the Body Related to Stroke Risk?