Folic acid and iron supplements have been shown to improve many areas of our health. But their benefits for pregnancy may be the most important. These nutrients may treat pregnancy-related anemia. Iron helps the body make hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood to tissues and organs. Folic acid helps prevent birth defects.
- Q What is the benefit of folic acid supplementation in early pregnancy?
- Q What medicines may interact with ferrous sulfate and folic acid?
- Q How does vitamin B9 work?
- Q How do I know if I am vitamin B9 deficient?
- Q What do I tell my doctor before taking ferrous sulfate with folic acid?
- Q Should I get folate from food or a supplement?