Folic acid and iron supplements have been shown to improve many areas of our health. But their benefits for pregnancy may be the most important. These nutrients may treat pregnancy-related anemia. Iron helps the body make hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood to tissues and organs. Folic acid helps prevent birth defects.
- Q Is vitamin B9 safe for pregnant women or nursing mothers?
- Q Can folic acid help treat erectile dysfunction naturally?
- Q How will folic acid help my Hunter's glossitis?
- Q What does folic acid deficiency cause?
- Q How does folic acid protect against neural tube defects?
- Q Can I get too much folate or folic acid?