Most problems due to vitamin B12 deficiency can be treated with vitamin B12 supplementation, but nerve damage may not be reversible even after treatment. The sooner your vitamin B12 deficiency is treated, the more likely it is that your symptoms will go away.
- Q Why is vitamin B12 necessary for good health?
- Q What is vitamin B12 used for?
- Q Do some birth control pills lower my vitamin B12 level more than others?
- Q Which foods are good sources of vitamin B12?
- Q Are vitamin B12 supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q How can I get enough vitamin B12 if I am a vegan or a vegetarian?