In what forms can vitamin A be used?

Vitamin A is available in forms such as capsules, tablets, liquid, and solution. Do not take more of this product than directed because too much can cause severe toxicity and be life-threatening. If you miss a dose, skip the dose, and return to your regular schedule, without double dosing. If you are taking the oral liquid form of vitamin A, you can drop it directly into the mouth or mix it with cereal, juice, or other food. Injections should always be done by a licensed health care professional.

Continue Learning about Vitamin A

What happens if I overdose on vitamin A?
Vitamin A is fat-soluble and can accumulate in the fatty tissues of the body. Vitamin A overdose...
Who should use vitamin A?
Vitamin A is intended for individuals with vitamin A deficiency. It can also be used by individu...
What is the role of vitamin A in my body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Vitamin A was the first fat-soluble vitamin to be recognized. The initial discovery of vitamin A in ...
Why is vitamin A important or good health?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Vitamin A is the common name for a group of fat-soluble substances present in two forms in food: pre...