How do visual impairments affect my quality of life?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

When your vision is impaired, your quality of life might diminish. You may not want to travel alone if you have, for instance, glaucoma or macular degeneration. You may no longer be able to drive. You may tend to become more isolated and socialize less. You may need extra light to see and might require print materials to have a large typeset in order to read.

Continue Learning about Visual Impairments

What is the definition of visual impairment?
Michael X. RepkaMichael X. Repka
Low vision and visual impairments are legally stipulated. That may vary by your state. Typically, vi...
How can I improve the display on a mobile device if I'm visually impaired?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Contrast is a very important feature for people who are visually impaired, but it is often overlooke...
How can I manage my low vision?
Dr. Laura C. Fine, MDDr. Laura C. Fine, MD
The magnifying lens remains one of the most common tools to help compensate for low vision. Most mag...
What can I do if I have trouble seeing at night?
Gary S. Hirshfield, MDGary S. Hirshfield, MD
This is a very common problem. You should have a comprehensive exam from an opthalmologist. They wil...