Should I talk to my doctor about my visual impairment symptoms?

Talking to your doctor about your vision changes could mean the difference between losing your sight and keeping it. Discuss with your doctor any questions you may have about treatments or surgery concerning your visual impairment. Your doctor can tell you what might help your condition and what could make it worse. The key to preventing serious visual impairment is early communication with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Visual Impairments

Visual Impairments

Optical issues with the eye are quite common, possibly because we started as cavemen who did not have to read tiny letters on a computer screen as you may be doing right now. Conditions that may be corrected with optics include as...

tigmatism, near and far sightedness and some forms of visual field distortion. Some eyes have trouble seeing color the way other's do. This is called color blindness, and is more common in men. As we age there are common diseases and concerns including cataracts and glaucoma. Having diabetes can make you more likely to develop retinopathy, when blood vessels in the retina break and leak into the eye. Some conditions may lead to partial or total blindness. Legal blindness is a legal term more than a medical one, but meeting the standard for legal blindness can qualify you for special help.