How do other illnesses affect visual impairments?

Certain illness can actually cause some forms of visual impairment. Atherosclerosis has been found to be responsible for the exertion of pressure on the optic nerve, causing visual impairment. Diabetes plays a crucial role in several visual impairments. You can even develop a visual impairment from another visual impairment, such as cataracts from glaucoma.

Continue Learning about Visual Impairments

How can I improve the display on a mobile device if I'm visually impaired?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Contrast is a very important feature for people who are visually impaired, but it is often overlooke...
What is the rate of incidence for visual impairments?
Because there are many different kinds of visual impairments it is difficult to measure the rate of ...
What specialized services are available to help with visual impairment?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
There are many specialized services available to help the visually impaired. Some services you may u...
Are visual impairments serious?
Visual impairments can be very serious as they can cause blindness. Additionally, if you cannot see ...