When should my child get the poliovirus vaccine?

Your child should get the inactivated poliovirus vaccine for protection against the virus that causes polio, a highly infectious disease that invades the nervous system and can quickly lead to paralysis.

The timing of the poliovirus vaccination for children age 0-6 years is:
  • first dose given at 2 months
  • second dose given at 4 months
  • third dose given between 6 and 18 months
  • fourth dose given between 4 and 6 years
A catch-up series is given at age 7 to 18 years.

Talk with your healthcare professional for further guidance.

Continue Learning about Viral Vaccine

When should my child get the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine?
Dr. Eric M. Genden, MDDr. Eric M. Genden, MD
In young girls, vaccinations are given between ages 9 and 14. In this video,  Eric Genden, MD, chair...
What is the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine—the first vaccine designed to prevent a type of cancer—has be...
When should my daughter get the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine?
Your daughter should get the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine for protection against HPV, a sexual...
Will my health insurance cover the cost of the HPV vaccine?
Most health insurance plans cover the cost of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines, but you may want ...