Should I talk to my child's school about viral throat infection?

A viral throat infection is contagious through sneezing and coughing so it may be advantage to inform your child's school if your child has an infection. Viral throat infection is not treatable but knowledge of the infection may help the school to take extra precaution in preventing the spread of the illness through careful washing of hands. Viral throat infections spread easily through places where large numbers congregate like schools and day care centers.

Continue Learning about Viral Throat Infections

Viral Throat Infections

Viral Throat Infections

Aside from strep throat, most sore throats caused by are contagious, viral throat infections that cannot be treated with antibiotics. The most common culprits of a viral throat infection include coxsackievirus, mononucleosis, and ...

the flu. Mononucleosis (mono) is a virus that causes symptoms that can last for weeks or months at a time. Viral throat infections are best treated with rest, liquids and other home remedies. If the sore throat causes you to have trouble breathing or a high fever, or results in spots in the back of your throat, call your doctor.