How do I manage my viral throat infection on a daily basis?

Managing your viral throat infection on a daily basis involves minimizing the uncomfortable symptoms. You may try gargling with salt water, drinking plenty of fluids, using honey and lemon, and taking a pain reliever if you have aches or a fever. If you are suffering from mononucleosis, you may need more bed rest than with a typical sore throat, and it may take longer for you to recover. If secondary bacterial infections arise, you will need to take antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Viral Throat Infections

Viral Throat Infections

Viral Throat Infections

Aside from strep throat, most sore throats caused by are contagious, viral throat infections that cannot be treated with antibiotics. The most common culprits of a viral throat infection include coxsackievirus, mononucleosis, and ...

the flu. Mononucleosis (mono) is a virus that causes symptoms that can last for weeks or months at a time. Viral throat infections are best treated with rest, liquids and other home remedies. If the sore throat causes you to have trouble breathing or a high fever, or results in spots in the back of your throat, call your doctor.