How do I manage my sore throat on a daily basis?

In most cases, your sore throat will probably resolve itself in a matter of days. In the meantime, you can drink plenty of liquids (caffeine free), get good rest, and take over-the-counter pain relievers to help you feel better. You might try gargling salt water frequently or drinking herbal teas, such as chamomile and licorice root. You should also keep an eye on your symptoms. If they're getting worse or are accompanied by a high fever, then you may want to make an appointment to see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Viral Throat Infections

Viral Throat Infections

Viral Throat Infections

Aside from strep throat, most sore throats caused by are contagious, viral throat infections that cannot be treated with antibiotics. The most common culprits of a viral throat infection include coxsackievirus, mononucleosis, and ...

the flu. Mononucleosis (mono) is a virus that causes symptoms that can last for weeks or months at a time. Viral throat infections are best treated with rest, liquids and other home remedies. If the sore throat causes you to have trouble breathing or a high fever, or results in spots in the back of your throat, call your doctor.