Tonsillitis is caused by common viruses and bacteria. Most children are exposed to everyday germs at school or with playmates. Common sense and good hygiene are the best options to prevent tonsillitis. Keep your child away from other youngsters who are ill, see that they avoid sharing beverages and food, and encourage your kids to wash their hands frequently.
- Q How do viruses that cause viral throat infection get into the body?
- Q Can viral throat infection be prevented?
- Q Should I talk to my child's school about viral throat infection?
- Q Does viral throat infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q How do I care for someone with a viral throat infection?
- Q What activity should someone with viral throat infection avoid?