Tonsillitis is caused by common viruses and bacteria. Most children are exposed to everyday germs at school or with playmates. Common sense and good hygiene are the best options to prevent tonsillitis. Keep your child away from other youngsters who are ill, see that they avoid sharing beverages and food, and encourage your kids to wash their hands frequently.
- Q How do viruses that cause viral throat infection get into the body?
- Q What viral illnesses cause viral throat infection?
- Q What increases my risk for viral throat infection?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about a viral throat infection?
- Q Are over-the-counter medications available for viral throat infection?
- Q What is tonsillitis?