Tonsillitis is caused by common viruses and bacteria. Most children are exposed to everyday germs at school or with playmates. Common sense and good hygiene are the best options to prevent tonsillitis. Keep your child away from other youngsters who are ill, see that they avoid sharing beverages and food, and encourage your kids to wash their hands frequently.
- Q Can viral throat infection be prevented?
- Q What increases my risk for viral throat infection?
- Q What is a viral sore throat?
- Q How do I care for someone with a viral throat infection?
- Q What is tonsillitis?
- Q How does a viral throat infection affect the body?