In order to prevent a sore throat, you need to prevent the cause of it. Since sore throats are usually due to contagious viruses, it is best to wash your hands often, especially after being in crowded areas or around small children. For sore throats caused by air quality and allergies, you should avoid smoking or being in a smoke-filled room, keep your air at home humidified, and take allergy medication if other allergy symptoms arise.
Stopping Malaria 3:24
- Q Does viral throat infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q How do I care for someone with a viral throat infection?
- Q What causes viral throat infection?
- Q Is there a relationship between viral throat infection and herpes viruses?
- Q What is pharyngitis?
- Q What are the symptoms of pharyngitis?