What increases my risk for viral oral infection?

You're more at risk for any viral infection if you don't wash your hands. This should be a first line of defense against getting sick. If you wash your hands frequently, you have a greater chance of washing away the germs you contracted through touching objects that sick people touched. Another way you increase your risk of getting a viral oral infection is by being around or getting close to sick people with the disorder. You should definitely not come into contact with a person's mouth if you observe sores, but you should also remember that the virus may be spread by coming into contact with other areas of an infected person's body, as well as through exposing yourself to an infected person's bodily fluids.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

How do medications treat viral oral infections?
There are two types of medications used to treat viral oral infections. First, antiviral medications...
Can antibiotics be used to treat viral oral infections?
Viral infections do not respond to antibiotics, so they are not generally used to treat viral oral i...
Should I talk to my doctor about viral oral infection symptoms?
Usually, viral oral infections clear up on their own. However, a doctor might want to prescribe anti...
Should I tell my child's school about viral oral infections?
Viral oral infections can easily be passed from one person to another, and children are more likely ...