How do I manage my viral oral infection on a daily basis?

On a daily basis, you can manage your viral oral infection by taking precautions against making the infection worse for you and spreading it to others.

• Wash your hands a lot, even if you're not going to come into contact with another person. This can help you not to spread sores from your mouth to other areas of your body.
  • Use topical painkillers and home remedies to stop the pain of viral oral infection sores. This will also reduce your temptation to touch the sores, possibly spreading them.
  • Tell people that you're dealing with the infection so that you don't unknowingly spread it to another person.
  • If your doctor prescribes antiviral medications, take them immediately, even if you haven't begun to have symptoms. This will give them the best chance of working.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

Viral Oral Infections

Viral Oral Infections

Viral oral infections are virus that can affect the mouth and oral area. They include the herpes simplex virus, hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD), and in some cases, human papillomavirus or HPV. These viruses are usually very co...

ntagious and can cause painful oral sores, depending on the type of oral virus. In rare cases, mumps can spread through saliva causing swelling of the area around the mouth.