Should I talk to my doctor about viral oral infection symptoms?

Usually, viral oral infections clear up on their own. However, a doctor might want to prescribe antiviral medication or pain medication that can help you heal quickly and in greater comfort. Doctors might also want to give you information about avoiding the spread of your virus to others. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms if they are uncomfortable or if you need more information about the disorder.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

Viral Oral Infections

Viral Oral Infections

Viral oral infections are virus that can affect the mouth and oral area. They include the herpes simplex virus, hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD), and in some cases, human papillomavirus or HPV. These viruses are usually very co...

ntagious and can cause painful oral sores, depending on the type of oral virus. In rare cases, mumps can spread through saliva causing swelling of the area around the mouth.