How are viral oral infections diagnosed?

Like other types of oral infections, doctors can generally diagnose your viral oral infection by looking at the symptoms. Different kinds of sores reflect different kinds of viral oral infections. In most cases, doctors won't need to conduct further tests, but it could be necessary if a doctor wants to make sure they have made the correct diagnosis. Doctors might order blood tests or ask for samples of skin to examine under the microscope.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

Are viral oral infections contagious?
Viral oral infections are contagious diseases, so you can catch them from infected people. One commo...
What are the most serious types of viral oral infection?
The most serious types of viral oral infections are those that do not leave the body completely afte...
Should I see a dentist or a doctor about viral oral infections?
In most cases, you need to see a doctor if you're concerned about a viral oral infection. Although t...
Should I talk to my doctor about viral oral infection symptoms?
Usually, viral oral infections clear up on their own. However, a doctor might want to prescribe anti...