How do I care for someone with a viral oral infection?

Because most viral infections will cure themselves on their own, you don't have to do much to help care for a person with a viral oral infection. In fact, you may just want to help the person you are caring for get comfortable as he or she deals with the disease. You can help the person you are caring for reduce pain by using painkillers, applying cold cloths, or administering topical ointments prescribed by the doctor. Another way in which you can help care for someone with a viral oral infection is by making sure that person takes his or her medication as prescribed. Finally, get information about the condition that you can share with the person you're caring for. Help that person learn how not to spread the disease to others.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

Is there a cure for viral oral infections?
Generally, most cases of viral oral infections are cured on their own. After several days have passe...
What increases my risk for viral oral infection?
You're more at risk for any viral infection if you don't wash your hands. This should be a first lin...
Should I talk to my doctor about viral oral infection symptoms?
Usually, viral oral infections clear up on their own. However, a doctor might want to prescribe anti...
Are there alternative treatments for viral oral infections?
In most cases, you don't need to do anything to treat your viral oral infection. Instead, you simply...