Should I tell my child's school about viral oral infections?

Viral oral infections can easily be passed from one person to another, and children are more likely than adults to have the symptoms of some viral oral infections. For this reason, it's important to tell your child's school about the viral oral infection or encourage your child to stay home until the symptoms have passed. In some cases, it is possible to spread the virus even after all the symptoms have gone, so you should consult your child's school about the best course of action. In any case, it's important to teach your child how to prevent spreading viral oral infections to other children.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

How do medications treat viral oral infections?
There are two types of medications used to treat viral oral infections. First, antiviral medications...
Do viral oral infections affect children differently than adults?
Some viral oral infections affect children differently than adults when it comes to symptoms. Childr...
Can injuries cause viral oral infections?
One of the most common symptoms of viral oral infections is the appearance of small sores around the...
How are viral oral infections diagnosed?
Like other types of oral infections, doctors can generally diagnose your viral oral infection by...