Should I tell my child's school about viral oral infections?

Viral oral infections can easily be passed from one person to another, and children are more likely than adults to have the symptoms of some viral oral infections. For this reason, it's important to tell your child's school about the viral oral infection or encourage your child to stay home until the symptoms have passed. In some cases, it is possible to spread the virus even after all the symptoms have gone, so you should consult your child's school about the best course of action. In any case, it's important to teach your child how to prevent spreading viral oral infections to other children.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

Viral Oral Infections

Viral Oral Infections

Viral oral infections are virus that can affect the mouth and oral area. They include the herpes simplex virus, hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD), and in some cases, human papillomavirus or HPV. These viruses are usually very co...

ntagious and can cause painful oral sores, depending on the type of oral virus. In rare cases, mumps can spread through saliva causing swelling of the area around the mouth.