Should I tell my child's school about viral oral infections?

Viral oral infections can easily be passed from one person to another, and children are more likely than adults to have the symptoms of some viral oral infections. For this reason, it's important to tell your child's school about the viral oral infection or encourage your child to stay home until the symptoms have passed. In some cases, it is possible to spread the virus even after all the symptoms have gone, so you should consult your child's school about the best course of action. In any case, it's important to teach your child how to prevent spreading viral oral infections to other children.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

Should I see a dentist or a doctor about viral oral infections?
In most cases, you need to see a doctor if you're concerned about a viral oral infection. Although t...
How do medications treat viral oral infections?
John Van der Werff, DDSJohn Van der Werff, DDS
The medications used to treat viral infections kill the virus. Some are more effective than others a...
How common are viral oral infections?
Viral oral infections are not uncommon disorders. There are many different kinds of viral oral infec...
What are the most common types of viral oral infections?
There are several different kinds of viral oral infections, but the one that most people have heard ...